Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up - 9/27/15

Last bigger week of training done!  Into the final stretch.  Including a travel day and bike check on Friday, I only have 10 days of training left.  27 sessions (yes I believe in frequency in taper) give or take.  Race week is a little bit tentative.  I just want to get in a couple longer ocean swims.  a short run most days and a few descent rides....probably just tagging along with the other TBC coaches & athletes I imagine.  Most of them train more volume than me so I'll have to watch myself a little and not get carried away.

On item of note.  Going back a year, I had planned on easing back swim volume once weather got nice outside for riding, then ramping it up a little right before the race.  It seems to have worked overall.  We'll see how it plays out in the race.

This week went well overall.  Some solid runs, rides and swims.  I met with a local swim coach and had him consult on my stroke mechanics.  He made a few suggestions and they seem to have helped.  Mainly it helps me swim straighter. I'm consistently swimming 3-4s faster per 100m.  Feeling pretty good.

As I did last year, more of my rides were indoors with the days getting shorter and being paranoid about crashing or getting hit by a car.  Plus it's easier to do more precise higher intensity workouts.  Lastly, it's ideal for heat acclimatization.  Acclimating seems ot be working well.  I've overdressed on a couple runs and my longer ride today and really never felt overheated.  After the long ride today it was 72F, lower humidity, but I was wearing a heavier long sleeve cycling jersey with base layer, skull cap, leg warmers and wool socks.  I was warm, but not overheated.   What I did notice was that earlier in the ride, I could tell that my body was drawing blood to the surface of my skin, which drew blood from my stomach.  It didn't feel great.  As such I eased off a little and waited to eat.  I think in Kona, blood will pool in the arms from the swim, then add to that blood going to the surface of the skin, and pretty quickly your PM might say 75%, but you're actually at an intensity equal to 80-85%.  SO if you ride closer to 80%, you are now up into Z4 above 90%.  That means your burning matches fast.

By the numbers:
Swim: 3h21m, 14,591y
Bike: 10h06, 204mi
Run: 5h14m, 43.3mi
TOTAL: 18h41m
TSS: 1126TSS
ATL (9/28): 151.7
CTL: 141.6
TSB (9/28): -10.1

Next Post from KONA!

No comments:

Post a Comment