Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Friday, June 12, 2015

Update 06/12/15

Wow... I'm been more than a little absent on training updates.  Tons of things going on.   I started a new job, living in an apartment in St. Joseph, MI, bought a house that's closing in just over 4 weeks, sold out current home.

On top of that, I'm ramping up training, went to a TBC Training Camp in Madison, WI over Memorial Day weekend, at USAT Coaching Level 1 Certification Training now in Des Moines, IA.   Phew.   Hmmm... where to start.

TBC Madison Mini Camp
I'll just sum this up.... great training weekend!  Met a bunch of new faces, got to ride with the legendary duo of Adam Zucco and Scott Iott on a few spirited rides... one on a rainy afternoon that I consider one of the more epic rides I've been on.   A great ride in crappy weather.  We even did the Madison 1/2 marathon and I ran my 1st negative split in a running race ever and won free dinner.  Learned something there, and ran faster than I expected.  Hard to beat that.

St Joseph, MI
Beautiful location.  Rolling hills through mostly wooded countryside on some excellent roads with wide shoulders and light traffic.  Runs along the Lake Michigan beach and cute beach side tourist town.  It feels a little like your on vacation some of the time.  Excellent schools for our daughter and we found a nice 1950's Cape Cod for our new home.  My wife even found a job!   Crazy!  I love my new job and to top it off, I found a very active distance running & triathlete community there.  I might have a chance to expand my coaching a little and have a few people to train with.  I get the impression there's not a lot of coaches in the area.  The town i of course host to Steelhead 70.3 in August.  Yes, yes I signed up already.  I also feel like I'm making some progress again in the pool.

USAT Coaching Training
A great speaker gave the training all day.  Ian...ummm... crap...  I'm terrible with names.  Its embarrassing.  I had a nice 1 hour run this morning then a very easy 80 minute ride with another name I've forgotten and Jacking Herring (pro triathlete).  Had some great conversations about coaching, training, etc.   Great person! Easy to talk to. I can see why she's so popular in the Madison Community and has great sponsor relationships.  A real role model for pro triathletes connecting with AG'rs.  Plus, she genuinely loves the sport.   15mi long run tomorrow morning and another long day of coaching training.  I'm learning more than I expected and if nothing else gaining a new perspective.  I also learned a LOT about swim technique.  Things i should have known but never read into it in detail.  I think i can make some real improvements in my technique and my athletes.

Overall summary of my training... I'm running more, feeling great on longer runs.  Bike volume jumped up and there just no substitute for riding more and I'm feeling at lot stronger.   On longer outdoor rides, close to where I was last year...almost.

By the numbers.... I think I have 3 weeks to summarize...

May 18th-24th
Swim - 2h57m, 12800y
Bike - 12h58m, 251mi
Run - 4h42m, 40.1mi
TOTAL - 20h37m
TSS - 1251

May 25th-31st
Swim - 1h50m, 7763y
Bike - 12h30, 263mi
Run - 6h11m, 49.1mi
TOTAL - 20h31mi
TSS- 1171

June 1st-7th (recovery week)
Swim - 2h54m, 11920y
Bike - 4h52m, 104mi
Run - 2h53m, 23.4
TOTAL - 10h39m
TSS- 712


No comments:

Post a Comment