Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 04-13-14

The Numbers:

Swim: 3h54, 16,900y
Bike: 8h08m, 172.9mi
Run: 4h42, 38.2mi
Strength: 1h30m

Pretty good week.  I struggled on a few bike rides and was a little beaten down in the pool, but overall training load was good, running is comming along very well, better than expected.  My achillies i probably 95% or better and my fitness is comming back quickly.  I also may have made a small break through in the pool.  I'm trying keeping my chin tucked a little tighter, and shoulder tighter to my head, basically trying to get narrow.  IT seemed to work.  I appear to drop a whole 2 seconds per 100y and it seemed like it took less effort.

My long ride was into brutal winds.  I was carrying 1 more bottle, my rear flasher, a worn rear tire, and I'm still refining my position.  But, I went 2:22 for 56.3mi or 23.7mph... on just 227AP/237NP.  I'm pretty encouraged with those numbers.  Subtract the 0.3mi and it's a 2:21. Without the wind, I'm pretty sure I go 2:18 or better.  I then followed it up with a 4 mile run at tempo pace.  HR was high due to heat acclimatization and some dehydration.  But I ran close to a 6:30 pace for most of it.

MY heel is god enough that I will be able ot work in some intervals and tempo work.  I might back my bike dowm a little if needed.

Next week is a much needed recovery week.  It will be interesting to see if my power, run pace and swim pace improve.

Also my trisuit came in.  Photos below.





No comments:

Post a Comment