Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 05/18/14

Recovery Week.  

By the numbers:
Swim: 2h22m, 10,150y
Bike: 4h20m, 86.3mi
Run: 4h16m, 34.8mi
TSS: 819.6

Power Test:
Thursday I performed a Sufferfest Rubber Glove test.  It went really well.  I felt pretty string and really turned myself inside out at the end.  I managed a estimated FTP of 305 by riding a 321W for 20min including 341 for 5 minutes within that effort.  So my highest yet by 3 watts and a record for 5 minutes as well.   Yes, just 1% and within margin of error of the power meter.   But hey, I felt stronger.

1/2 Marathon impact:
The race report is in the previous post.  But it's worth mentioning how trashed my legs are.  This was NOT part of the plan.  My bike ride today became a easy spin on my road bike... just 10 mile.  I'm definitely at my limit for motivation and nearing burnout.  I may try to reduce the number of workouts this week if possible and hopefully get my head clear.  

I still have a solid 90' tempo ride planned tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 49F in the morning.  I can;t decide if I'll go outdoors on ride inside.  I may venture out since I'll be stuck inside later this week... possibly this weekend.  If I have legs, I might do 3x20 instead.  I better just venture out while I have daylight and it's not raining...or too buggy.

Bottom line, energy levels are good, but motivation is a little low and leg fatigue is pretty high.  I am feeling pretty confident after that 1/2 marathon and Trizou.

For IMWI, I found out that there'a 1 less person in my AG to worry about for a AQ slot.  I'd rather not leave my fate to a roll down, and would prefer a top 4 finish, but looks like top 5 will also get it done.   This could change my strategy a little.  Meaning I ease back further on the bike, especially the 1st 1/2 and make sure I'm fueled well at that point.  Then take it easy the 1st 1/2 of the run and see where I'm at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment