Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 05/26/14

Peak week 1, the first week of taper complete.  Hit all my numbers.  It took all week to really recover from that 1/2 marathon, but I had some great bike rides.  Especially Saturday where I put on my race kit, wheels, helmet and totally killed all my previous bests for average pace and wattage over that distance.  Still a little short of where I would like ot be, but it does take time to adapt and build a cycling base.   Just as running did.

By the numbers:
Swim: 13,650y, 3h11m
Bike: 200mi, 8h47m
Run: 35.2mi, 4h14m
TOTAL: 17h22m
CTL: 1216

My Monday ride fell short.  My legs are beat from all the rides this week.   I expect they'll stay pretty fatigued through the week and won't really come around until right before the race.  My energy levels however, should really start picking up soon.  I'll actually keep building my run through the middle of this week and then actually taper.  I think this was a good plan due to the injury I had putting a dent in my run training.

Overall I'm feeling very confident about Kansas, but it will come down to good pacing, overall execution and really hitting the pain cave on the run and pushing on.  My current best projection is a 4:12 with a 28:00 swim, 3' transitions, 2:18 bike and 1:23 run.  My "dream" time is a 4:09 by dropping 1 minute off all those splits.  I'm not sure what good transitions times are either.  I'd be satisfied with a 2:15 too.  Slower than that and I don;t think I ran or biked to my potential unless there's difficult conditions that day (heat, rain, wind, humidity, non-ws)


No comments:

Post a Comment