Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 11-24-14

Another week best classified as "Better Than Nothing".  Definitely in a solid funk not able to really train.   Probably a little like a drug addict, smoker, gambler, etc only being given 1/2 his normal weekly fix.  IT sucks.  You have trouble focusing on you key races since just finishing them doesn't seem possible from where your at.  So the next great piece of advice I received was to see the massage therapist and don't F*** around... go 2-3 times a week until it's better. It will hurt.  They will strip the muscles and try and undo the damage.  Training will be very very light, just enough to stay loose and aide recovery.

I have to keep telling myself that I can and will get past this and return to what I love doing.  Hopefully I'll better appreciate it better and have a stronger focus in my training moving forward.  A little break isn't a terrible thing.  I accomplished so much last year and clearly got a little carried away with what I could do in the Fall after IMWI.  Lesson learned, but ohhh, it's a hard, hard lesson.

I'm also on call for work 2 of the next 3 weeks.  So there's that too.  So get healthy.  Build back into a routine, and make every session matter in some way.  Plus, in all reality, I'm not really any farther behind than I was this time last year.  I'm still riding more, and more consistently, and swimming a little more with better quality too.  I'm also doing a lot more strength training than before.

By the numbers:
Swim: 2h47m, 12,050y
Bike: 6:24, 120mi
Run: 0, 0
Strength: 1h30m
TOTAL: 10h40m
TSS: 681


No comments:

Post a Comment