Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 12/16/14

This was a lighter week since i was on-call.  I took the opportunity to recover and do some testing.  The tests delivered some solid results.  My 1000y Swim TT yielded a 1:22.  That's just ahead of where I was this time last year.  My 20' FTP test came out at 302W.  That's much better than last year.  I didn't have a power meter then, but my first test last year was 295W in Feb.  SO overall I'm pretty happy with that.  I think I could have rode a little harder.  I'm not sure where to but my goal for FTP, but getting up to around 330W, would be solid.

Otherwise it was an uneventful week.  ITB seems to be improving just a bit.  I got in a couple short runs in without any pain.  Short, means 5-10 minute on the elliptical than 5-8 minute running o na treadmill.  But hey, its' better than nothing.  There still just some tightness in my hip... and until I can get rid of that, I'm clearly won't be able to run properly.  But its' progress.

By the numbers:
Swim: 2h25m, 10,450y
Bike: 6h, 01m, 120mi
Run: 40m, 4.6mi
Strength: 2h
TOTAL: 11h06m
TSS: 692

I started a 3 day cleanse to transition me towards cleaner eating and dropping down to race weight.  It's a lot of juice, smoothies and almost all fruits and vegetables.  It's umm... interesting.  I had a fairly big training day Monday and it left me a bit depleted.  So I'll have to snack a little more to stay ahead of it.  It seems like my ITB started feeling better too.  There is some evidence that inflammation is reduced when you cut out grains/gluten and eat more fresh veggies and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment