Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up 02/10/15

A good solid week to cap off my last base 3 training week.   MY legs were still pretty flat and energy levels were low from the ToS.  But my running felt very good including a 9 mile run during the week.  I'm feeling he extra pounds, but otherwise OK.   My new Hoka Bondi 4's feel pretty good.  Firmer than the Cliftons, but similar net cushioning effect, but a little more stable, a little more comfortable tongue and substantial training shoe.  I'm happy with the purchase.  Fit is almost identical.  A slightly smallish toe box, but not as cramped as my Saucony Cortanas or Kinvara 4's.  Maybe just a tad more snug than my Kinvara 5's.  But pretty close to the same fit.   Very nice insole in included with good arch support.

On Sunday I did an indoor triathlon at the Quincy Kroc Center.  A short 10 minute swim in a 18y 87F pool.  It was an interesting practice in pacing and finding a rhythm to get enough air and not overheat.  It reminded me of the start of a 70.3.  The bike was on a typical spin bike.  There was no predefined setting, so it was a practice in spinning at 140RPM.  I had mine at setting 12-14, it displayed around 240 Watts and probably wasn't far off, maybe just a little low.  My HR was 150-155bpm.  Solid Tempo effort.  The run was on a short indoor track.  I'm not sure the length.  I'd guess 10-12 laps to a mile.  It was ideal for running under 7:00 pace.  Above that took some effort to navigate corners and traction was a bit limited.  Yes, I'm taking this too seriously.  it was a fun challenge.  I think I he;d a steady 5:40 pace.  HR kept climbing to around 175-180 the last 5 minutes.  So somewhere between 10k and 1/2 marathon pace I think.   Considering where my run fitness is at, I was pretty happy with what my legs gave me really.

Wardrobe decision - Yes I wore my old Desoto Liftfoil trisuit.  Hey, it's comfortable, nice to swim in (stretches less when wet) had a great pad and nice compression for running.  It's like 6 years old now, so it's lot like pulled out some fancy new fangled suit.

Biggest milestone was my first training run over 1 hour since August.  Can't wait for my FTP test.  Then to just lose some more weight.  I forget sometimes how blinking hard that is.  TSS wasn't real impressive, but it still was forward progress.  The ToS just took a lot out of me.  Not a lot left to give this week.  Quality over quantity at this point, since my 1st "A" race is a sprint tri anyway.   Just trying to build fitness back.   I'll save the heavy lifting for May-Aug.


By the numbers:
Swim: 4h07m, 17,750y
Bike: 6h46m, 123mi
Run: 3h43m, 29.4mi
Strength: 2h20m
TOTAL: 16h56m
TSS: 984.1

No comments:

Post a Comment