Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Friday, February 27, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up (from last week) 2/27/15

Whoops, time got away from me this week.  I'll make this short and to the point.

I had a solid week of training.  My long run felt good, my faster runs felt OK and overall I think I'm finally past my injury.  I'm only doing my specific stretches once a day and less extensive with no side effects.  I'm still not up to full running speed due to lack of run fitness and my weight, but it's interesting to see the impact of those on pace, sort of like how you look at FTP on the bike.   I'm about 0:20-0:30 slow right now at an easy pace... and probably the same at all race distances even faster races since I last the specificity to sustain fast paces as well.  Though I still set my threshold pace a little fast, even though I can't sustain it, just because I want my training load and training zones to be set accurately.  So I still use HR to set where that's at.  That's actually an interesting point that I'll have to dive into eventually in another blog or coaching article.

Overall my bike feels strong.  Stronger that where I was before IMWI, so that's a great sign.  I don;t have the endurance right now, but during short sessions I'm matching or beating my power targets despite a ramp up in my run volume.  I'm still trying to find the right balance of recovery and quality however.   Feeling it out mostly.

This current week is going great, but I'll summarize that next week.  Also, I did purchase a coaching version of BestBikeSplit.com and will be plugging in my athletes and will offer evaluations on a consultant basis.  More on that with my coaching blog.

By the numbers:
Swim: 3h23m, 14,950y
Bike: 8h55m, 168mi
Run: 4h33m, 36.4mi
Strength:1h
TOTAL: 17h51m
TSS: 1174

No comments:

Post a Comment