Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up 04/03/15

A little late again.

Last week went well.  Traveled to Michigan over the weekend, but still put in some solid training despite travel.

By the numbers:

Swim - 2h29m, 10,900y
Bike - 10h20m, 201mi
Run - 5h28m, 44.2mi
TOTAL - 18h16m
TSS - 1136

So much for my early season swim goal.  Just trying to maintain my technique and pace at this point.
In terms of training load, I'm at the same point as last year, but my FTP is a little higher.  I'm also focused more on short course right now, so my weekly hours are a lot lower, but there's a little more quality overall I think.

My running is coming along well and I feel pretty good on long runs.  Ran a solid 14mi on Monday at a 7:09 pace just edging into Zone 2 so around IM pace.... if my IM was in cool weather... and i had the fitness to sustain that pace 26.2 miles.  I might get there.  Running a 3:20 at Kona would be a solid goal at this point.  A 3:15 even better, but maybe a stretch in those conditions.  It will depend a lot on how well I pace the bike and stay on top of nutrition I think.

My bike position is finally feeling more comfortable outdoors.  I'm a little longer and lower than last year, and that takes time to adjust.  "comfort" is a relative term.  I'ts comfortable is after a 1/2 dozen 4-5 hour rides, you can hold the position, ride IM wattage, in hot conditions and not feel destroyed.  A lot of it is about relaxing yourself an getting small adjustments right so your not using much energy to hold your position.  It takes some time to adapt.  I'd say 6-8 week outdoors with a significant position change.  For some reason It's just not the same indoors.   Maybe because you can cheat and look down more, or your head doesn't need to look as far down the road.


This week is going well so far.  Will report is a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment