Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up

Not quite the week I had planned, but maybe that was a little over ambitious.   Missed a swim..and a few were short, so swimming was not good.  But I biked 249miles, 12 hours of riding!   So that's something.   Nice getting outdoors again.

Overall I'm suspecting that I'm just lacking the overall base I had last year.  It's coming back, I'm really being held back by leg fatigue and energy levels in harder bike sessions.  No need to panic.  Based on the average speeds I'm seeing, I suspect my improved position is just a tad more aero, so I'm at least making the most out of the power I have.

Weight management is still not great.  I'm not going backwards, but still limited improvement.  It's hurting my running, but not as much as I thought it might.  So again, no panic.  Just put in good work stay focused as much as I can and it will get there.

Overall, I have a good foundation heading into taper for my first "A" race.  OK really an important race, but as I mentioned before, I just wanted ot see how I could do in a sprint tri with a full base/build/peak directed towards that distance.   Unfortunately I wasn't able to put together some of the quality rides I wanted.  I'll get a few of those in the last 2 weeks.  Some of those adaptations occur pretty quickly it seems.  I revised my FTP to 310W.  My HR still says it's pretty close to 315, but I just don't have the legs to push that.  I barely have the legs to push 290W.  But again, those long rides are important, and I haven;t been doing any since last summer.

By the numbers:
Swim: 1h33m, 6750y
Bike: 12h10m, 249mi
Run: 5h37m, 45.8mi
TOTAL: 19h20m
TSS: 1181

No comments:

Post a Comment