Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up 3/27/15

2nd week of taper.  Had some very solid workouts that put me on the right track to be ready in terms of specificity.  I avoided too much speed work running and decided to sustain mileage instead.  At the end of the week my swimming came together and I'm feeling almost as fast as I was back in Dec. and Jan.  I'm feeling good that I can shave off maybe 20s on the swim, and 60s on the bike.  That might be enough to put me in the lead in T2... then juts bury myself running to hold on...despite my extra 3-4lbs.  I put on my race wheels today and felt fast, really fast on a short ride.  24mph average on a very hilly course with a solid headwind out with road helmet and cycling jersey and rear blinker.  I figure there's 8-10W of extra drag there.  So rather than 275W NP, it was equivalent to 265W NP.  So at 310W NP... it should be pretty darn quick.  Using Lake Geode as a benchmark, it says at 265WNP, I'm at 24.29mph (hmmm, pretty close).  So if I can bury myself and lay down 310W NP, that's 25.95mph.   Now I think i have my "goal weight" in there... so we'll say 25.8mph.  So if last year I was 281W NP and just a little less aero, then it will be close.  I was 1.1 mph slower than the winner last year.  He set a course record. It will be interesting.

Overall a solid week, that "tapers" from the previous week.  I bumped up swim volume and I think it's paid off.  I'm thinking I cna do 3-4 "maintenance swims" and week, then 3 weeks out, bump up volume and see a small boost in swim pace/fitness while at hte same time letting my legs recover and easing back run volume and then bike load.

By the Numbers:

Swim: 16,100y, 3h39m
Bike: 154mi, 8h08m
Run: 31.2mi, 3h51m
Total: 15h39m
TSS: 1026

No comments:

Post a Comment