Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

USAT Season Rankings

So I'm pretty excited.  The "nearly" finalized rankings are out and they sorted out the pros, plus now you can sort by region and state.

http://rankings.usatriathlon.org/Rankings/NationalRankings

You looking at the #1 ranked 35-39 Male in Iowa (out of 38).  Pretty cool, though as you can see, it's a pretty small crowd of those even ranked.  I'm also #8 in the Midwest Region (out of 227).  Nationally I'm 57th (out of 3777).  The ( ) numbers include unranked, meaning they did <3 triathlons or didn't pay the annual dues (used only 1 day license).   OS in reality, there are probably 2-3X as many competing overall.

 I made the All American standard again (top 5%) this year with room to spare.   In 2013, I was 140th in 30-34. 


Training:
Week going well so far.  Already up to 7 hours for the week, 1/2 way through.  I put in my long run this morning.  A little chilly, but I had pretty good numbers.  1:42 (7:16/mi ave. pace) @ 140bpm.  So mid-hi Zone 2 and near the middle of the long run Mcmillan pace.   I think I'll continue to drop maybe 0:20-0:30 off that pace through training and weight management, but I'll gain back 0:10-0:15 when it gets above 70F outside. 

I carried 1 bottle, but probably didn't need to bother with the cool temps.  My half frozen hands had trouble even squeezing the cold stif plastic the last 2 miles.  I probably need soem warmer tights and maybe a lined running jacket, then I can stick with a single layer underneith.  Or I may switch to cheap pull over fleeces or even basic sweatshirts in colder weather.  That was my longest run ever in my Kinvaras.  SO far so good.  Its' rpobably mostly the mileage, but my legs feel pretty good afterwards.

Swim training is going well.  I got in a 4000y workout on Monday and 3200 yesterday and felt pretty good.  I was able ot hold 1:20-1:22 pace in later 100y repeats and started out at 1:14-1:18 early in the set.  I think maybe one more week of swim focus, then I'll reluctantly shift back to working on the trainer and getting the bike mileage back up and hold at probably 3-4 workouts for about 10k yard per week with one more swim focus maybe in Jan. when I start getting brunt out on the trainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment