Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 02/09/14 (late)

OK, so I'm a little late for last weeks summary.

A even mix of good and bad... but nothing disasterous.

THE GOOD:
I had a solid string of 180+ TSS days and some solid bike rides.  Rocked a 16 miles long run where i sailed a 1/2 marathon in 1:28 in zone 2.  I touched into zone 3 a few times but ran about 90% of it in zone 2.  

THE BAD:
In hindsight, given my frequency of higher intensity runs the last 10 days, that was a BAD, bad idea.  Too hard, too fast, probably better to run it just at IM pace with a few pick-ups maybe every other mile or so.   The result - a sore hamstring and sore achillies.

Next on Thursday a sinus infection popped up again.  Then the icing on the cake on Friday was GI Issues and my sinus infection hitting harder.   I canned my training that day, called in sick and did a lot of sleeping.   I was still pretty weak all weekend, but salvaged a couple bikes and run efforts.   Short of my targets, but at least still going in the positive direction.

I've also decided ot drop the strength training a little early and do some plyometrics and drills after short recovery runs.

Now the fun really begins.  My 2nd longest training week of the 1st 1/2 of my season.  21 hours planned including 200+ miles on the bike.  Looks like Sunday will be rideable, so I'll be outdoors for sure or possibly split the ride and do a ride outside, then a 2nd ride that evening.

UPDATE:
MY hamstring and achillies seem to be doing alright and getting slightly better.  They actually don't bother me running, more walking.  The achillies bothers me some cycling, but not painful.


Weekly Totals:
Swim: 3h31m, 14,200y
Bike: 7h25m, 151mi
Run: 5h25m, 44.8mi
Strength: 35m
TOTAL: 16h57m
TSS: 1031
CTL: 117.5
ATL: 139.6
TSB: -23.8

No comments:

Post a Comment