Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up - 02/24/2014

I survived a week of on-call at work and still stuck to a consistent schedule.

Injuries - My hamstring is back to 100%, but my Achilles is maybe only 70% at best.  I'll continue to hold down my pace and keep the mileage lower and focus on the bike and swim.  The good news is that it does seem to be less swollen and responding well over all to rest, stretching and POT exercises.  I've cut back on anti-inflammatories and it's not doing too bad.

I'm finally seeing some progress on the bike.  IT took until late in the week when my legs had rested to really lay down some power.

Weekly Totals:
Swim - 3h09m, 12650y
Bike - 7h07m, 148mi
Run - 2h29m, 16.9mi
 Strength - 15min
TOTAL - 13 hours

Yes, that's right, I went from 53 miles last week to 17 this week.  I still ran 6 days, but kept the runs short.  On the positive, I did 1 mile at a tempo pace of 160-161 bpm and held a 5:40 pace on a treadmill... in my fairly heavy ride 6's.  Worst case, consistently running even 35mpw will still put me in descent shape for my 70.3 and 40mpw in enough for the IM.  I plan to hold miles to just 22-24 miles this week with my longer runs at just 5-6 miles. and the other 4 at 3-4.

I'm trying not to let the injury get me down.  Just realize that these things happen and learn from my mistakes.... and realize that it could be worse.


Charity Donations - I'm almost 1/4 of the way there.  Now it's crunch time to get the word out and pound the pavement.  I'm feeling confident I can hit my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment