Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 07-20-14

A quick note to Racine 70.3.   I missed a really great race out there.  The 35-39 field was stacked.  I would have been battling hard for 4-6 place I imagine.  I few noteables were Iott who I can only assume trained through the race and just behind him was former pro Justin Henkel.  While not the monster he was 5 years ago.  He's a real force on the bike and solid run threat.  He's on the participant list at IMWI.  So he'll be one to watch.

Nothing too amazing to report.  This was just a scheduled recovery week.  Went pretty well.  Running legs felt really good.   Cycling feels a little less sharp.  I did get in some really solid swims and I think my swim form is very slowly coming back after being a bit derailed starting in April & May.  I did perform a power Test and a Tempo TT run test sat.  I probably would have done  better Sunday, but not bad overall.  It tested out at 302W.  I might have gone out just a little hard, but my legs didn't feel as strong as when I tested at 305W.   That's sounds like a small difference, but 1% is 1%.  Either way, I held steady, which is good since my previous training phase was mostly just zone 2 & 3 with little work that would have raised my FTP.   For IM training, my goal is aerobic fitness and building energy systems and just getting solid mileage in.  My FTP is plenty high enough.

So a final 2 week build, a race week, a recovery week, 2 taper weeks and then the Race.   Just 7 weeks left to IMWI!!!

This week has a 20 mi run Tuesday early morning then a "BIG DAY" on Thursday with a short 1800-2000yd swim, then 5 hour bike and 6mi brick run.  I don't do a lot of bricks, but I haven't run off a long bike yet this year.

Steelhead Overview & Goals:
I'm looking forward to this race.  I think it will be a fun swim, and the first relatively flat bike course I've raced since Hyvee last year.

Goal #1: Having a solid swim.  Good sighting, relaxed, strong, solid time.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of a new full sleeve wetsuit for that race.
Goal #2: Bike <2:15.  I'm even willing to risk blowing up a little on the run.  I think I need to push my limits a little here and see how my legs respond.  IT might be a good move tactically to be a little further ahead of my rivals off the bike.
Goal #3: Over-inflate tires on Sat. and don't touch them on Sunday.  Try and figure out within 1-2 PSI what pressure I need to use ... ie determine the air loss rate curve.
Goal #4: Have fun.  Enjoy the competition and racing the fast guys.  There's only so many of these races left for me.  Maybe 4-5 more.
Goal #5: Make it easier for my family and keep them involved and appreciated.  It's not an "A" race.  I don't need to be all wound up that morning.

By the Numbers:
Swim: 3h03m, 13,100y
Bike:  5h22m, 112mi
Run:  4h10m, 33.5mi
Total: 13h36m
TSS: 877
CTL:  154.6
TSB:  24.9

Overall looking back at the last 6 months, other that Achilles injury, which is now just a blip on the radar, my consistency has been really, really good.  

Here's my numbers since I started my Training plan on 12/02/13, 33 weeks ago (weekly ave. in parentheses):

Swim:  106h43m, 442,000y (3.23hr/13,393y)
Bike:  260h15m, 5,367mi (7.88hr/162.6mi)
Run:  141h02m, 1136mi (4.28hr/34.4mi)

That means I only have about 18% of my training remaining.  Still a lot when I look at it that way.  Its' nearly 2 months.  But I know it will fly by and IMWI will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment