Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 07/28/14

Week 1 of my Final Build down.  1...err...well I guess 2 to go if you count a brief taper and racing Steelhead.   I guess that counts.  Pretty solid week.  Hit most all my target and exceeded a few others.   This was the  most yards I've swam since early April.  Completed my longest run and longest bike.  Sort of all downhill from here, though this week will be hard with the residual fatigue.

By the numbers:
Swim: 3h32m, 15,300y
Bike: 11h39m, 250.6mi
Run: 6h25m, 51mi
HOURS:
TSS: 1405
CTL: 162.3
TSB: -13.1

Looking at my PMC, overall it's looking pretty good.  I'll hit an new peak for overall training load, run peak and match my peak bike training load form 3 weeks ago.  But I'll do it without being at a negative TSB for too long or going too deep as I did before Geode.  I don;t expect my legs to feel like they did at Kansas, but I expect to be able to have a good ride and hang on for a descent run.   Maybe feel worse, but run a similar overall pace given better run fitness and overall fitness.  I'm really hoping to improve my swim.


Probably the most important take away from this week, is that I hit another higher run mileage week and stayed healthy.  My PF reared it's ugly head, by my Achilles feels pretty good.  The Kinvaras are a winner, with the only downside that they don't drain well.  Something to consider.  If it's a wet race, I might need a back-up plan.   My A6's will more than likely be in my special needs bag.  Tempting also to drill a few drain holes.  What could it hurt?  Seen a few examples online.  So i might give it a try.  The trick seems to be to heat up a metal rod to seal the edges.  I only need them in the toe box.  I test them out on the nearly worn out pair I have now first.  I'll be getting a new pair for my race.

Lots of positive comments about the news article, which is pretty cool.  I'm not the first in town to do an Ironman.  I know of 3 others that have complete one.  One older guy has been to Kona at least once back in the day, but I'd be the first to qualify <45y/o and in the insanely competitive "modern era".  Kona hasn't gotten a lot bigger, but the number of IM races has and slots are harder to get for the faster age groups since all age groups are guaranteed at least one slot.  Races that used to have 75 or 100 slots, not only have 50.  You easily have to finish at the front of the race to get a slot.  Top 50 overall including pros.

41 days to go.... < 6 weeks.  Still trying to secure that full length wetsuit.  It's becoming my Unicorn.  I really don't want to use it the first time at IMWI.  I guess it's one of those... if it fits, it fits.  Lots of folks rent wetsuits too.  I'm pretty adaptable.  I think I'll swim just a little faster in it.  In particular sight better.  My neck movement is a bit restricted and overall my current suit is just a little short I think.  It fit better when I was about 157lbs and 22 years old.  I asked Daniel if he could just drop it in the mail this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment