Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Participant Lists Up for Ironman Wisconsin, Kansas & Steelhead 70.3

It took a little work, but I was able to paste, format and sort the lists in excel.   There's approx. 2800 participants for IMWI.  330 for 35-39.  That means my goal of a 4th or 5th place would put my in the top 2%.   I see 2 familiar names in there already.  Scott Iott and Adam Zucco.  Both have gone under 9:40.  Adam is among the top 3 USAT points the last 4 or 5 years and has won it a few times.  Scott is the guy I'm targeting.   A little early to strategize.  But I could try and carry a 5 minute lead off the bike and see what i can do on the run.  He rode conservatively and was rewarded with a 3:05 run split.  It woudl be amazing to nail a sub 3:10 (A BQ time), but I'm not sure I'm that strong of a runner.  Zucco and most others in the 9:30-9:40 range ran closer to 3:15-3:20. 

Kansas is a different story.  One the list if Scott Bowe.  A regular on Slowtwitch and a a guy I raced at Pigman Long Course last year.   Also, the winner fomr Trizou is listed again.   Should be a fun race.  My first "A" race of the season.  It should give me an idea of goal paces for IMWI.

Steelhead - pretty early for a participant list.  But most solid age group racers tend to plan their whole season out.  I suspect many of the top age groupers will be at nationals to qualify for Worlds in Chicago next year.  That may leave it pretty wide open.  IT will confirm my final fitness level before I begin my taper for Wisconsin.
It should be a fun race season.        

No comments:

Post a Comment