Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 01/12/14

Weekly Totals:

Swim - 12,900y, 3h53m
Bike - 164mi, 8h45m
Run - 40.3mi, 4h55m
Strength - 1h40m
TOTAL - 19h14m

Couple of milestones this week.  This was my highest weekly volume (hours) ever.  I came close to the 1000 TSS mark for the week.  As seen in my previous post, my power meter arrived.  I did my first outdoor ride with power.

I did have a one issue.  After having my best run in a long time, my Plantar Facitis kicked in.  I decided to skip one of my runs this week as a result, but will add 1 mile to next week (unless it doesn't get better).   Historically, dropping weight improved this the most.  

On the positive, my right shoulder keeps getting better and I feel like I'm getting my feel of the water back after making some stroke changes.  I continue to get stronger cycling.  The consistent volume I think is paying off.  The wind notwithstanding, I think I would have posted a solid average pace on training rims&tires.

The big improvement is my CTL has broken the 100 mark!  Wohoo!  The number was boosted a little as I went through and downloaded a bunch of my runs from my Garmin.  It turns out i ran harder than the basic pace estimator stated.  I think mainly due to the rolling hills on my regular routes.

Overall a solid week that proved I'm ready to handle solid volume without falling apart.  Now to increase that volume, then start adding intensity.

Next week should be a real test.  20 hours of training with bike mileage hitting almost 200 miles.  A "Real" week for an elite age group athlete.  The run mileage will be the challenge.  Nothing fast, but 50 miles planned.   I've never run that much with some much cycling volume.  The long run is planned for 16.5 miles or about 2 hours.  I might go for 17 miles if I'm feeling good.  On that note, I'll again have to start revisiting "the debate".  How far to I run in my IM build?  I'm thinking 2-1/2 hours will be my limit.  That should put me around 20-21 miles.  I don;t think there's enough benefit to run more.  I think I'm better of doing more quality at a 10-12 mile distance.

I hope everyone is enjoying my weekly notes.  Feel free to comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment