Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 03/02/14

Base 3, Week 1 of 4 Complete.

The major focus this wee was my achillies tendinitis issues.  I stopped my Health Source to drop off a flyer and was talking to Dr. James.  I let him try some ART (Active Release Therapy) and I was surprised that is seemed to make a big difference.  Combined with taking 2 days completely off running  and it was feeling bout 95%. ... just in time for a visit to the Orthapedist... go figure.  Good news is X-rays are clean, and just some inflammation.  He gave me a few stretches to try and otherwise confirmed what I already thought.  He also strongly recommended orthotic inserts.   OR specifically, just a better quality insoles with better arch support than the basic insoles that come with the shoes.

My bike feels like it's coming along well.  I had 2 solid outdoor rides and then a longer, harder effort today.  The TSS score of almost 160, is just 10-20 short of the bike leg for a 70.3.  So my muscle fatigue resistance is coming along nicely.

This also wraps up Feb.  I did just a single ride outdoors in Feb, on the 28th.  Bike total 807mi.  I think that nearly matches what I rode in Jan - April combined last year.

Next week I'll start slowly bringing my running mileage back up and see how it responds.  The bike mileage will continue to increase.  I'll probably hold the swimming right around 14.5-16.5k yards.

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 3h34m, 15,650y
Bike: 12h02m, 255.1mi
Run: 1h59m, 16.2mi
TOTAL: 17h43m
TSS 1198
TSB: -22.9
ATL: 160.2
CTL: 134.2
Run CTL: 38.7
Bike CTL: 60.7


LFA- Iowa update.  Just 9 days left in getting donations in order to get on the back of the trisuit.  One major development. I spoke to the printer I was going to use and was disappointed with their options.  So I've decided to instead use Epix Gear.  I don;t like their suits as much, but I will be able to do most of the suit in in purple with unlimited full color logos at 1/4 the price of the other printer.  Overall i did see several favourable reviews about their suits.  I may also get a 2nd suit or even try a 2 piece.  It can be a back-up or I can use it in training as well.  I'm pretty excited about the options.  I'm going to send them what I have tomorrow and see what designs they put together... then just add the last remaining names and logos after the 12th.  

So just a reminder to any blog readers.... LAST CHANCE TO DONATE and get on the suit is coming up.  I am also looking at getting running shirts, T-shirts and maybe even a mix with Polo shirts printed as well.

Big thanks to all that donated so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment