Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up 03/23/14

By the numbers:

Swim: 5h05m, 21,900y
Bike: 3h28m, 75.4mi
Run: 5h05m, 15.05
Strength: 20m
Walk: 3.02mi
TOTAL: 12h03m

Run CTL: 31.4
Bike CTL: 64.7
Swim CTL: 41.5
CTL: 140.4, ATL: 134, TSB 0.6

This was a recovery week.  I took 5 days off cycling and completed a 10 day stretch without running.  I felt pretty rusty running, but my form started to come around by my "long" 4 mile run Sunday.   My achillies is still about 95%, but didn't get worse while running and cycling this week.  Cycling actually seem to aggravate it slightly more.

All the extra swimming is paying off. I've gotten my threshold pace down to 1:20 from 1:22 and I'm feeling a Lot faster swimming.   Like cycling and running, I think I'm at the fitness needed to hit my IMWI targets.   So now it's more a matter of staying healthy, and building a little more overall fitness so I can run strong after mile 10.

I broke the 300W FTP mark.  I rode 318 Watts for 20 minutes, or 302 Watts @ 95%.  I felt pretty solid with my legs well recovered.

I rode in my Epix Airflow suit on a short ride today.  Fit overall is very good and chamois is nicely shaped and well padded.  Just large enough for cycling.  We'll see what it's like to run in once it warms up.


Looking forward to some warmer weather and longer days.  I really enjoy those early morning rides and runs.

77 Days to Kansas 70.3 and just 5 weeks to Trizou.  Trizou could be interesting.  I'm cycling more than 2X as much last year...I was running more, and I'm swimming about 50% more.  I think shaving as much as 2 minutes off last years time is possible.  0:30 swim, 1:00 bike, 0:30 run.  That might not be enough to win, but it will at least be close until the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment