Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year! - 2013 Totals

Wow, what a year it's been.  8 years ago, when I got back into the sport, I would never have imagined I'd be where I'm at now.  I've learned so much about training, running, cycling and now even swimming.  All the things I was doing wrong, doing well, but most of all what I need to do to reach the next level.

The best of 2013:
1) Staying healthy.  No crashes this year, significant injuries, broken equipment.  Things went well.  I continue a lucky streak of now flats in races and no rainy or cancelled  races (now I've had it  for 2014).  Although I always said that I would probably have my best race ever in cool rainy conditions.
2) Winning Lake Geode.  My best race ever in terms of pacing, execution and overall performance.
3) Pigman Long Course - My 2nd 70.3 ever and I knocked almost 1 hour off my previous best.  I beat my goal bike time by 4 minutes, my goal swim by 1 minute and still ran within 4 minutes of my goal run time despite bad GI issues. 
4) Matched my high school 5k PR of 17:15.  

The Worst:
1) T2 in Pigman - the absolute worst transition I've ever had.  Went to the wrong spot, then forgot my GPS watch as well and had to double back.
2) Nutrition in Pigman - ate too much prerace.  Then was off balance and drank too much on the bike causing GI issues on the run.  Horrible.
3) Pre-race nutrition Great River Road Run 1/2 mararthon.  I guess I didn't learn from Pigman, and messed this up again.  I think I had everything set for a great PR.  Good form, more fit, perfect pacing.
4) Hyvee Triathlon - Good overall result, but the event was a bit of a disappointment, bad weather that morning, too much drink while waiting, but not enough food, WAYYY too much time walking around Saturday.   The logistics there were terrible.  I easily walked as far as a I ran in the race that weekend.  Little head to head competition and TONS of lap traffic making it hard to stay focused.

Annual Totals:

Swim - 158h21m, 482,055 yards/273.8 miles (3.75mi racing)
Bike - 220h06m, 4230.6 miles (+148.6 in races)
Run - 177h50m, 1416.3 miles (+52.8 in races)
Race - 12h13m, 193.1 miles
Strength - 14h36m
TOTAL - 583h6m

Other stats:
11.1 hours per week average
Starting CTL of 22, Ending of 90.3

Can't wait to see what 2014 will bring




No comments:

Post a Comment