Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations

Lupus Foundaton of America, Iowa Chapter Donations
DONATE NOW!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up - 10/06/14

2nd week in he preparation phase... which is doubling as part of my off season.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I'll be doing a little bit different approach.  No running until my ITB is healed and I may need to stop cycling for a bit too.   I might even use the Green Bay trip next week as an excuse to do nothing for a couple days.  Though I was hoping to start running again next week.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the rolling helps, a massage this week also helps and I can move past this slowly.  I did weights and some plyometrics this morning.  Hopefully some of that strength training pays off.  I'm also going to start doing a indoor spinning class on Friday for fun.

A not so great milestone.  I think this might be the 1st time I've had 0 run miles for a full week in over 4 years.  Wow.  ATL is down to the same as last Feb... which really isn't so bad.  If I stick to my current plan is will bottom out this week.  But that plan may still change.

On the positive, I've excited to get back in the pool and see some improvements.  I'm also excited to start coaching, just as soon a I can get some insurance coverage.  More on that in another blog that I think I'll start specific to coaching.

By the numbers:
Swim: 2h46m, 11,850y
Bike: 7h10m, 151mi
Run: 0, 0
Strength: 1h35m
Total: 11h46m, 697 TSS
PMC: CTL 125, TSB 26.9, ATL 94.7



2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike - in your previous post you'd mentioned that you were going to look for a few 'test' athletes to work with for coaching. I'm doing my first Ironman next June, Coeur d'Alene - and after following you're journey to IMWI and Kona, I would love to work with you if there is room. I've been pursuing a similar method in terns of self coaching, specifically studying slowtwitch and Joe Friel. I've setup my ATP and it has me starting the first week of January with Prep for 2 weeks. I know I am capable of a sub 10 Ironman debut, but also know that I have more than a TON to learn still. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Congratulation on an awesome journey, it was a privilege to follow.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add you to the my list to contact once I'm finally set-up in the next couple weeks. Its taking longer than I hoped to nail things down. I should start the interview process soon to make sure it's a good fit and have the duration of the trial period and subsequent pricing after that nailed down soon.

      CDA is on my bucket list for sure. Super smooth roads, long climbs and I hear awesome scenery. Favors a strong, disciplined...and well coached cyclist with a good race plan, just as all the hard courses and really I think any IM does.

      Delete